Mon 22 Oct 2012
I promised that I would talk about the Child’s Playhouse today and I will but I have not talked about my experiences both of the other three disabilities and the week long pledge I took. The playhouse was a put together huge 2 rooms, built on a scale as if human adults were children. each of the two rooms illustrated many of the challenges children face like tables, counter tops, drawers, and cabinets (the organizers quickly pointed out that they were not saying children WERE handicapped much like pregnancy can be described as a disease but it is really not), and the second room had furniture, peoples legs and a partial staircase. It was so cool because to get stuff, especially if you couldn’t talk you had to climb on things and the stairs were a huge challenge and kinda scary as was walking around peoples legs. It was big fun. Here is another thing that helps the disabled and I got to tell you from trying to open the door to the playhouse – it was real hard.
Model 2300 Residential Door Opener
To assist disabled individuals toward independence, or for anyone who finds a closed door a problem… Power Access 2300 residential door opener makes access by opening the door and egress by closing the door easier.
- No modification of the door or jambs
- Plugs right into a regular 115vac wall outlet
- Complete instructions are packed with every door opener
- Virtually maintenance free
- Fits in most interior and some exterior door applications
- Left and right hand door openers are available (hand can be changed in the field in a matter of minutes)
- Low profile model, for limited room above the door
- Door opener opens and closes the door
An Array of Companion Controls (wired or wireless)
- Push Plate Wall Switches
- Push Button Wall Switches
- Coded Radio Transmitter/Receiver
- Keyless Entry Systems
- Electric Door Lock (Strike)
Go there and read. More tomorrow.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.