No one bothers to ask themselves, “how does a parellel anti-global warming conference get set up in Copenhagen”? We know how the pro-climate people got there. The world’s environmental organizations sent them. Some of them live there or are close enough to drive. The Government people got there on their countries dime as did the UN people. But how did the aptly named Lord Mockton get there? The answer is easy – The Carbon Industry sent them:
In 2006, according to the Pew Research Center, 77 percent of Americans saw “solid evidence” for global warming. By this fall, that figure had dropped to 57 percent—and just 36 percent said they believed that humans are to blame. That’s good news for climate change skeptics and deniers, who have spent years trying to perpetuate the illusion that the reality of climate change is up for debate. Never mind that the scientific consensus is firmly on the side of global warming—for anyone seeking an alternate view, there’s an entire parallel universe where junk science and bogus statistics ricochet through an echo chamber of kooky blogs, “nonpartisan” institutes, and fake “green” and “citizen” groups that are often acting on behalf of the oil and coal industry.
Here’s a guide to the dozen loudest components of the climate disinformation machine.
- No. 1: ExxonMobil
- No. 2: Lord Christopher Monckton
- No. 3: American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity
- No. 4: Plants Need C02
- No. 5: American Petroleum Institute (A.K.A. Energy Citizens)
- No. 6: Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow (A.K.A. ClimateDepot.com)
- No. 7: The Heartland Institute
- No. 8: Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change (A.K.A. The Idso Family)
- No. 9: FreedomWorks
- No. 10: Tennessee Center for Policy Research (A.K.A. Carnival of Climate Change)
- No. 11: Federation for American Coal, Energy and Security (A.K.A. FACES of Coal)
- No. 12: Institute for Energy Research (A.K.A. American Energy Alliance)
This is one of the most comprehensive articles I have seen and I urge everyone to read the whole thing. These pricks think they can BURN us off the planet. I hope they are wrong.