I am fresh out of thoughts on this subject. It all boils down to a decision that ever American has to make. Am I going to take power from the grid or not? If I am when and how? My answer is I would prefer to not get my power from the grid and if I must then as little as possible.
Summer Energy Tips
Summer and the high temperatures it brings can cause increased electrical loads. Keep cool this summer and save energy costs by following these simple tips around the house.
Summer cooling tips
- Turn off unnecessary lights. Much of the energy from a light bulb is heat.
- Shut doors to unused rooms.
- Make sure furniture or drapes do not block your registers for supply and return air.
- Wear thin, loosely fitting clothes and you may not have to keep room temperatures as cool.
- Keep the sun out of your house. Close blinds, shades or curtains during the hottest part of the day.
- On mild days, open windows for natural ventilation and turn the air conditioning off.
- Use portable or ceiling fans. Even mild air movement of 1-mph can make you feel 3-4° cooler.
- Apply sun-control or other reflective films on south-facing windows.
Go there and read. More next week.