I mean look, Oil Producers are just that and OIL is just a commodity. What we really need to do is to quit using the stuff for things like transportation, making plastics and heating homes. The last is just dumb. Every last fuel oil heated home should be outlawed. Their equipment yanked and recycled. What we need in this country is a rational energy policy that shifts us to solar, wind, geothermal and tidal energy. 1/2 of this country’s population lives on or near a coast line and yet NO ONE is even mentioning tidal power. So this is what you say if you want to be elected President.
Eliminate Our Current Imports from the Middle East and Venezuela within 10 Years
- Increase Fuel Economy Standards. Obama and Biden will increase fuel economy standards 4 percent per year while providing $4 billion for domestic automakers to retool their manufacturing facilities in America to produce these vehicles.
- Get 1 Million Plug-In Hybrid Cars on the Road by 2015. These vehicles can get up to 150 miles per gallon. Barack Obama and Joe Biden believe we should work to ensure these cars are built here in America, instead of factories overseas.
- Create a New $7,000 Tax Credit for Purchasing Advanced Vehicles.
- Establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard. Obama and Biden will establish a National Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) to reduce the carbon in our fuels 10 percent by 2020. Obama and Biden will also require 60 billion gallons of advanced biofuels to be phased into our fuel supply by 2030.
- A “Use it or Lose It” Approach to Existing Oil and Gas Leases. Obama and Biden will require oil companies to develop the 68 million acres of land (over 40 million of which are offshore) which they have already leased and are not drilling on.
- Promote the Responsible Domestic Production of Oil and Natural Gas. An Obama-Biden administration will establish a process for early identification of any infrastructure obstacles/shortages or possible federal permitting process delays to drilling in the Bakken Shale formation, the Barnett shale formation, and the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska.
« Return to New Energy for America
I like the “use it or lose it” part. Especially since the International Energy Organization is going to force re-estimation of proven, know and simple reserves to reflect reality. But one could ask for so much more. How about declaring Hanford, WA a National Sacrifice Zone and immediately storing all low level radioactive material there?