It is so hard to imagine that Bloomington/Normal may be the next Detroit. All that glamor. All those people. Well all those robots and some new people. All the international stylin. All that money which means banks. It could also be well… a mirage. Still, Amazon is ordering vehicles already. Ford is the leader in self driving cars. This could be amazing. I can hold my breath for 2 or 3 years I guess.
Electric truck start-up Rivian announces $700 million investment round led by Amazon
- Amazon led a $700 million round of funding in Rivian, a Michigan-based electric vehicle startup.
- Rivian plans to launch an electric pickup and electric SUV in the U.S. in 2020.
Rivian Announces $500 Million Investment from Ford; Partnership to Deliver All-New Ford Battery Electric Vehicle
- Ford and Rivian form strategic partnership through $500 million minority investment
- Ford to build all-new battery electric vehicle using Rivian’s flexible skateboard platform
- The investment is subject to customary regulatory approval; Ford’s Joe Hinrichs to join Rivian’s board of directors
Rivian Announces $350 Million Investment from Cox Automotive
Sep 10, 2019, 09:41 ET
PLYMOUTH, Mich., Sept. 10, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — Rivian today announced an equity investment of $350 million from global automotive services company Cox Automotive. In addition to the investment, the companies will explore partnership opportunities in service operations, logistics, and digital retailing.
Go there and read. More next week.