What would our collective Presidential Energy Policy look like? :
1. Ban the sale of Gasoline and Diesel as of January 2015, except 1 gallon containers and Heavy Transport Trucks.
2. Ban Diesel and Gasoline sales to Heavey Transport Trucks by 2018.
This would allow everyone to keep mowing their grass and having their backyard barbeques while the USA shifts its transportation capacity to cleaner safer fuels.
3. Ban the Burning of coal in Electrical Generating Stations in 2020.
That would require switching all those plants to another fuel source, probably natural gas.
4. Fund 3 Hot Rocks Power Stations. One in California to replace Diablo Nuclear Power Plant, One to replace Clinton Nuclear Power Plant in Illinois and one to replace Savannah Nuclear Power Plant in Georgia. This would begin the proceess of Converting our economy to geothermal energy on existing sites where Nukes should not be in the first place.
This would proceed for all Nuclear Power Plants in the nation.
5. Create and support manditory energy conservation programs in both the residential market and the commercial market to reduce their consumption by 50%.
Lets insulate and modernize our world.
6. Order all Landfill operaters and Waste Haulers to begin the mining of all landfills and dumps for metals, glass, plastics and and paper products. Compost the rest.
7. Mandate that all materials be recycled with the goal of a steady state materials economy in the USA by 2020
8. Using tax incentives to increase the Market share of solar, geothermal and wind generation by 25% per year until the USA is largely energy self sufficient.
9. Create a maglev train system in the USA
10. Create a light rail system in the top 50 major markets.
11. Ban the sale of diesel fuel to the railroads in 2025.
12. Open the Yucca Mountain repository by Executive Order if necessary and order all spent nuclear materials to be stored there.
To pay for this I would cut the military budgets of the following services: reduce the Navy to 2 active Fleets, one on the West Coast, one on the East Coast; reduce the Army to 4 batallions; reduce the Airforce to 4 Airwings; leave the Marines alone.
To pay for these policies I would slash the Pentagon staff in half, and the “spying budget” by 1/3.
To pay for these policies I would close the Federal Office of Education. Then I would start in on some of the stupid Federal Budget items that we as tax payers fund, like closing the National Helium Repository in Texas. We sure won’t need the Strategic Petroleum Resevre.
This program would create million of new good paying jobs. Put this country back to work and not flipping burgers at McDonalds.